Fresh Fruit Sushi Dessert (Vegan & Dairy-Free Recipe) - Gemma's Bigger Bolder Baking Ep. 52
By: Gemma StaffordPublished: 4 years ago
8, 975 Likes 165 Dislikes
SUBSCRIBE HERE: http://bit.ly/GemmasBoldBakers
Learn how to make an impressive Fresh Fruit Sushi dessert!
VISIT my website to print & share the written recipe: http://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/fresh-fruit-sushi/
Hi Bold Bakers! Bigger Bolder Baking is not just about rich ingredients like chocolate and cream, it's my baking style and it can be applied to any ingredient including fruit. Learn how to make a variety of Fresh Fruit Sushi rolls that are delicious and sure to impress. So let's get baking!
WATCH more episodes of Bigger Bolder Baking HERE:
* 5 NEW Ice Cream Flavors + Dairy-Free Recipe: http://bit.ly/gemmasNEWicecream
* 1 Minute Mug Cookies: http://bit.ly/GemmasMugCookies
* 5 NEW 1 Minute Mug Cakes: http://bit.ly/GemsNewMugCakes
* Homemade No Machine Ice Cream: http://bit.ly/Gemmasicecream
FOLLOW ME HERE, FELLOW BOLD BAKERS
FULL RECIPE LISTED BELOW
Fresh Fruit Sushi
1 1/2 cups Sushi Rice ( regular rice will not work)
2 cups Water
3 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
(1 cup) 8 oz Coconut Milk
1 ½ tsp of vanilla extract
Mango, pineapple, kiwi, strawberry, raspberries. Choose any fruit you like including banana, orange, peaches, etc
For the Rice: Using a strainer, rinse the rice to remove the milky coating.
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan combine the rice, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt. Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat down low and cook gently for 12-15 minutes.
2. Once the water and absorbed into the rice and it is soft turn off the heat. Add coconut milk and stir. Spread evenly on a lined tray to cool down fast and stop it from continuing to cook
3. For the Fruit: Cut the fruit into sticks or something that resembles a stick :). You want the fruit to be long so it is easy to roll.
4. To make a sushi roll: Lay down a rectangle of cling film (plastic wrap) .
5. Spread out a rectangle of rice. While spreading out the rice it helps to have a little bowl of water to dip your hands in and help the sticky rice spread. Lay your sliced fruit on the rice around ⅔ the way up the rice. Start to roll, use the cling wrap to control the roll and keep it tight. Take your time. Once your sushi is made roll it on its seem so if doesn’t unravel.
6. Change it up and lay down mango on the cling wrap, then lay down rice directly on it. Fill with fruit and roll up.
7. Also you can toss a roll in toasted coconut which works really well with the fruit.
8. Mix it up and get creative, this can be a really fun recipe where everyone can participate.
9. Serve your sushi with sliced cantaloupe for the ginger and fruit puree for the dipping sauce.