How to make Greek Halva
By: Glyka Greek Cakes & BakesPublished: 2 years ago
71 Likes 3 Dislikes
This is a demo on how to make Greek halva using semolina flour. Feel free to message me if you have any questions! Recipe written below.
Ingredients for simple syrup:
4 cups water
3 cups sugar
For Semolina mixture:
1 cup olive oil
2 cups semolina flour
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. To make simple syrup, put in a small pot the water and sugar, let it boil for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
2. For the semolina mixture, start by putting in a large pan the oil and heat it up on high, on the stove.
3. Once the oil is heated, pour in the semolina flour and stir constantly until the flour has slightly browned.
4. Next, turn down the heat to low and pour in all of the simple syrup in the semolina mixture, stirring constantly.
4. While stirring, add in the cinnamon and sliced almonds and continue to stir.
5. Once the mixture thickens and is coming off of the pan easily, oil any bake ware pan, add the mixture in and let it cool.
6. Once cooled, serve and enjoy!